Monday, July 4, 2011

The Beginning...

Do you believe in soul mates?  In that one special person that you are meant to be with?  I do.  I didn't before I met her but I do now.

Sometimes we say that we wish we had met each other 20 years ago but I'm not sure it would have worked out. We weren't the same people then.  I think we were destined to meet exactly where and when we did. Our journey was mapped out for us from the beginning and we've followed it to each other. The path that we have each followed is what has made us who we are.  And I wouldn't change a thing if that's how I came to find her.

This is our blog. It's going to tell our story. It will be here forever...when we are old and grey and don't remember the details. It will be here.

I met her my first year of teaching...that was almost 4 years ago.  We just clicked, we hit it off.  Love at first sight?  Not really. But I've met hundreds of people over my life and I've never just wanted to be friends with someone like I did her. 

So the first year at school we just talked a couple times a week for a few minutes. We joked around and talked about our families a little bit.  We had some things in common.  We made each other laugh. And when summer was close, I got her phone number.  We could do things with the kids right?  Swimming and stuff.

So I called her...that first week of summer.  And I can honestly say we haven't gone a day without communicating ever since.  We started texting and she became a lifeline.  We met up once or twice a week, sometimes with our kids, sometimes without. 

We felt safe with each other and slowly began to open up.  After years of holding it all in and not telling a soul...we opened up.  We told each other everything, things we had never told anyone. And we realized we had more in common than we thought.  Our lives were not as they seemed, we were lonely and angry and tired.

By the time school started back in august we were inseperable.  And our husbands were noticing.

More to come later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment